Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bowen Davis Vidinhar

Our little one is a week old, which seems soo impossible. I feel like he's been here for forever, because I've spent so much time with him over the last 7 days, but at the same time, he's still so new and fresh! :D

It's all still so unreal to me. If the little one wasn't so active in my belly when I was pregnant I wouldn't believe he was mine. I didn't have that typical pregnancy like most women, I really truely loved every minute of it. You can ask Shaun, the last week or two of my pregnancy I cried so often thinking about when he wouldn't be so close to me any more. It made me soo sad. I had this fear that someone was going to take our little one after he was born. So he was safe in my belly, and I wanted him to stay there.

I did end up having to be induced, but I was in "active labor" when we showed up at the hospital. Go figure. Regardless of this fact they went about the induction like planned.

Little one was born at 12:57 am August 15th, 2011. I was induced at 11 am. So it made for a long day, but at the same time, no matter what people say, it seemed super short to me. Really.

We have no regrets about his birth, which is wonderful. I typed up a three page detailed account of his birth for our Hynobirthing Instructor, because I knew she would want to know all of the details. I'll spare the details and give a quick account.

I was induced at 11 am. By noon I was a 4, 80%. I supposedly stayed there (I say supposedly because there was a change of nurses at 6 pm, the first nurse had me at a 6, 80% and the second had me back at a 4.... so who knows.) until 11 pm at which point in time I jumped to an 8, 100%. I got the last 2 cm during the 11:00 hour, shortly after midnight my OB showed up, 40 min of pushing and Bowen was born.

At noon when they broke my water they found out he had already passed meconium, so he was born to a room full of people in case he needed help breathing. Luckily he came screaming, literally, into the world and didn't need to go to the NICU. Shaun got to "catch" the baby which is/was super special and important to us both. He also got to cut the cord. We're extremely blessed.

That's it, really. Simple. We joke that in theory my labor could have lasted all of 3 hours and 40 min. Like I said, it seemed super short to me. :)

These pictures are in backwards order, so if you want to view them in order, start from the bottom. I'm too lazy to fix this tonight. ;)




Little one's first onesie! His cord came out yesterday, the 21st. It was quiet celebrated in our house. Bowen kept pulling on the thing, felt soo bad for him, you could just tell it was bothering him as much as it was us.


This is one week postpartum. (It's the same outfit I took 9 month pictures in, just for kicks and grins.) I didn't expect to "deflate" nearly as rapidly as I have. I wanted to post a series of pictures as it went down, but that would have almost had to have been hourly pictures. Seriously, who knew?!


Bowen loves to be swaddled and cuddle with daddy!


And Bowen loves Uncle Chad.

I loved watching Uncle Chad try to dress Bowen. Shaun ended up having to get involved, and I had to give instructions from the sidelines..... Oh the boys.

GranE (my mother's name is Evelyn, she signs everything with an E) holding the little one.



He was THRILLED to be going home. Can't you tell? :) I honestly think it was the fact that no one was holding him. Spoiled kid. ;) He was silent as soon as we started walking, and fell asleep on the car ride home.


After dressing him to go home.

Poor little one.

Bowen LOVES his daddy.

Shaun and I were soo tired, we just wanted to go home and sleep!

Bowen's going home outfit. :) So cute.



Me getting him dressed.


Cuddle time! :D

Wait, who was the patient?



True love.



So cute!



Uncle Chad came. Poor Chad is a sucker for babies. ;)



Me holding little one. He's so cute when he sleeps, and reminds me sooo much of Shaun!



When we first got to our room in recovery. It almost looks like he's smiling! :D

We're thrilled to be parents. Couldn't be happier. Shaun and I were talking last night about how I expected it to be very difficult and challenging, which it is, don't get me wrong, but at the same time, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. Bowen is always making faces. Lights up my life.

Alright, speaking of him....

Off to go comfort our crying little one. :)

Love,

Kirsten, Shaun and Bowen.








No comments:

Post a Comment