I plan on adding pictures to this post, at some point in time, but right now my computer is copying 64.9 GB of photos off of my computer onto an external hard-drive, so uploading photos right now, is not really possible.
So just a little update about our little one.
He's doing GREAT!!! He is still holding his little head up, wonderfully and much to the amazement of just about everyone. He LOVES tummy time and is constantly trying to move around. (We think he's going to be crawling as soon as he can figure out he has legs! :D) When he gets tummy time on either of our chest he will push off of our waistbands and launch himself up past our neck, where he likes to spend most of his time.
He's such a cuddle bug, and we love that about him. Frequently he will fall asleep on one of us, and we pick him up and put him in the bassinet, he'll sleep for a good 45 sec, then he's up. He'll fall right back asleep if we pick him back up. He just needs someone to cuddle with. We're in love with bed-sharing. Little one only gets to sleep on the big bed after Shaun goes to work, but it makes nursing in the morning soo much easier. YAY for not even having to sit up in bed! :)
Bowen is slowly, but surely outgrowing his newborn clothes and diapers! There are some onesies we can't hardly button any more.
He's so much fun, and smiles more and more everyday.
At his two week check up Bowen was 8 lbs 11 oz and 19 3/4 inches. He's growing so much. He's got his two month check up coming up on the 10th of next month. I can't wait to see how much he's grown!
Sleeping, well, he sleeps. But he can't figure out how long to sleep. Every night is different. Some nights it's 3-4 hrs (most nights), and then there are nights like last night where he ate 7 (!!!!!) times from the time we got into bed until the time we got out. 7. The kid loves his groceries. Then ate every hour and a half after we got out of bed. I was talking to a fellow mom, former neighbor, this past week about how it seems like we get cleaned up, diaper changed, burped from one feeding and he wants to eat again. Marathon days is what I call them. Marathon eating days!!
Yesterday Bowen and I went to a La Leche League meeting, which was wonderful. It was so nice to meet other breast feeding moms in the community. So nice to go and get support. He was the only boy there and all of the girls, adult and baby girls, were swooning over him. He's quiet an adorable little boy.
Bowen's not doing so well with crowds (thankfully he slept during the entire LLL meeting.). He has really rough (aka VERY fussy) days when he's around other people. Wether it be family visiting or being swarmed by neighbors on our way in from the car. Because of this we still haven't taken Bowen to church, and don't plan on it until he becomes less over-stimulated by the amount of people around him. He also becomes over-stimulated by the TV so we are always making sure he's not looking at the TV when we have it on (aka Saturday football games!) though he loves the lights/color changes.
We found out tonight that he really likes the swing. We don't have batteries for our swing yet so I pushed it by hand for more than two hours tonight, but he loved it. Even fell asleep in it. So we'll be swinging more often!
Well that's all for now. I guess I'll have to add pictures tomorrow.
G'night all.
Shaun, Kirsten and Bowen
::Edit::
Ok, the photos I promised.
Note: My camera battery died at the end of last month and I managed to have left the charger in Florida, so none of these pictures are super recent. But fear not, my dad sent the charger to me in the mail and it arrived today, so next post will have more recent pictures. :)
Cuddle time with Daddy.
I love when they fall asleep together. So cute. They love cuddling with each other and sleep soo well together. Melts my heart.
Ok, so I'm in love with Shaun's face in this picture. Those are all of the books he has to read this term. Excuse me, that pile was missing another 3 books. Poor kid.
Not happy about life. :(
Love my boys. :)
Alright, that's all. I think....
No comments:
Post a Comment