This was Shaun's "Holy cow, I'm touching something that's more than 400 years old!" face!
Thank you camera timers!
And this last picture is why I LOVE my Ergo! LOVE having cuddles while walking around. Sweet Boy.
Well Bowen's growing leaps and bounds. He says "Buh-Bye" basically on command, which sometimes turns into the scream fest, as seen on the video on facebook. He waves and claps and is just soo full of life. We spend the majority of our days laughing at and with him! He thinks his daddy is the funniest thing ever. Even when Shaun is not trying to be silly Bowen's laughing at him. Which then turns us all into fits of laughter. He loves to walk and took his first steps just last week, though he'll only walk to me! So silly! Shaun's still looking for jobs, and we're still trying to figure out where we're going to end up. We were talking just yesterday that we both feel like we're spinning our wheels. We're in a routine, and that's great and all, but there's no progress, and we're a little stir cray because of that.
Bowen's really picking up with eating solids (though still not really eating too much). He LOVES meat, of any kind, and literally attacked me today to eat some of my peach! He ate his first apple slice last week, as opposed to his normal just gumming. He actually used a sippy cup for the first time yesterday! He's really growing up!
OH! Something else that's new in our lives, we started cloth diapering! Ok, I think it's exciting, but I realize I'm really weird for that. We're LOVING it so far! Bo's butt is too! His once perceptually red butt is now all sweet and almost kissable! :D (Like I said, I know I'm weird!) We're using GroVia's and we're in love. Even Shaun likes them! This was something we've wanted to do from the start, but living in Wymount and having to use a laundry mat, it wasn't really feasible. But, now with washer and dryer in house, we're enjoying the benefits, and (like I said) Bowen is too!
We're trying to keep busy, going for walks, pushing Bo on his tricycle, going for bike rides, going for runs, playing in the pool on the back porch, going to the park, etc etc etc.
We're loving it in Florida, we're all enjoying the sunshine, and warmer weather (though it was KILLER today). Thanks for reading this novel!
Kirsten, Shaun and Bowen
Buh buh buh buh bye! BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH bye!

















Thanks so much for the post, guys!!! :) I've really been missing you and it was fun to catch up a bit. As always, Bowen is just getting cuter. Your trip to St. Augustine's looks so fun! What a fun town...I remember Shaun telling me about it...looks much better in pictures...and I'm sure even more so in person. There is nothing more soothing to me than the ocean...and then to have a fun town with sail boats and history to go along with it- very cool! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys are truly enjoying summer as well. I'm jealous of the bike rides...sounds so fun. I need to get me one. :) I'm sure you are just LOVING being with family... I hope everyone is doing great. Send our love to them all and an extra big hug to you guys and especially little Bo. Can you believe he's almost a year old...just a couple months...crazy. Weird to think we were just having preggo talks only a year ago, Kirsten. So fun.
Love you guys! Have fun...and good luck with the job search, Shaun! :) We're thinking about you!
Love, Mark, Jodie, and Joseph :)