We love camping! We do! We do! This camping trip we stayed three days!
I kind of cheated and just "HAD" to run back to town for some random reason on the second day, and took a shower while I was home. It saved my sanity. That and it got the charcoal off of Bowen. LOOK!
Yes, my child is covered in charcoal. But I am OBSESSED with these pictures. He was playing with the rim of our fire pit while Shaun was trying to rearrange the last campers leftovers so we could cook dinner. Then a bug came along, so he swatted at his face and well... you just saw what happened.
Our fire. There are far too many funny stories about this fire. To save my dear husband some embarrassment, I'll suffice it to say that if you're stranded with limited fire supplies, make sure I'm the one building it, and not Shaun. (LOVE YOU!)
The beginning of our hike the second day.
Lets play, "find the deers." Ready, set, go!
The really sad and awful thing about the next pictures of the beautiful landscape is that it has since burned in a forest fire started by lightning. I may have shed a few tears. We took water to the fire fighters in our attempt to support them. But really it was just extremely sad. It burned 28,000 acres before it was done. It was very sad. We have not been up to see the damage first hand, but it's on our to-do list.
The beauty of the desert.
Our little one loves strawberries. And strawberries love our little one's face!
Wild horses! I had never seen any before in my life. This was such a cool experience to me.
Bowen's first time eating a s'more.
Shaun liked them too!
I can't remember what happened before this picture was taken that prompted this face, but I do love this face! :D
I'm obsessed with this picture. I've kept a copy of our engagement picture in my scriptures since we got them printed. Bowen found it, "dada?" Love.
This was taken the last day up the mountain. We attempted to hike one last trail, but the trail was lame, and similar to a loose gravel drive way. I HATED it. That is not a trail to me! So we turned around. The water fall we were hiking back to had dried up any way! :)
We can't wait to get back up to the mountains and out of the city! hopefully soon!
hope you enjoyed the picture overload!
Kirsten






























What a fun trip! I wish I liked camping more... I see lots of people doing it and I just have no desire to go. But I like the pictures I see!
ReplyDelete